Aug 3, 2011

Short Story 8 + Children's Book Progress


The Story Context: On a cold day in Brooklyn a father and son take a journey together to cure a cough.They not only encounter obstacles, but they have fun getting past them.

In this scene: "After me and my Dad prepare the veggies and fruits, we juice them and drink to our health. The juice is both delicious and invigorating making us feel stronger and lighter with each gulp". -Saj

So, this week I'm stepping one foot closer to publishing my own Children's book. I'm heading to the SCBWI (Society of Children's Book Writers & Illustrators) LA conference where I will do away with the challenge of not knowing many other young artists working in the field. I started scribbling on post its for this story two years ago and I've re written and redrawn several times. The process you see here is a product of that practice. You see the sketch, the color examples I did in Photoshop, and the process of rendering it using watercolor and ink. Each time I paint stories, i learn a little more. And each time I talk with folks in the Children's book, Comics, or Storytelling field I learn more. I'll be blogging about it once I get back and showing photos from it. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

paintgurl40 said...

good luck rob!! i wish u much success!

Robert Trujillo/Tres said...

Thanks! I wish it and accept it for myself too! Abundance is all around.