Oct 14, 2014

Inktober 8- Grace Lee Boggs


Grace Lee Boggs once said in an interview:
"Do something local, do something real however small and don't diss the political things, but understand their limitations. I mean, politics.... There was a time when we believed that if we just achieved political power we would solve all our problems. And I think what we've learned through the experience of the Russian revolution and all these revolutions is that those who try to get power in the state become part of the state. They become locked into the practices. And we have to begin creating new practices."

"I don't see any leaders and i think we need to rethink the concept of leaders. Because leader implies follower. I think we need to appropriate and embrace the idea that we are the leaders we've bee looking for."

check this

Want this Print? $20 (includes shipping)  
Got an idea for an org to donate 30% cost to? Email me info@robdontstop.com

No comments: