Aug 18, 2015

I Am Sausal Creek 2- Book Release!

 
This Sunday! EVENT link: Come Through

Yo! This amazing book is DONE! We wrapped illustration on this a few months ago, the cover is done as you can see. And the book has been printed! Wow, this is my second published children's book to come into the world. If you are a supporter of the "We Need Diverse Books" campaign you need to come through to this event and meet the team. We are:


Melissa Reyes-author/teacher/activist . Melissa has been the driving spear for this project and she embodies the heart of the story. As a former school teacher she saw the need for this type of story and researched her butt off to make it happen. When she approached me last year with the project I knew I wanted to be down as soon as I read it. I cannot wait for more people to fully understand the impact that a book like this has and will have.
Cinthya Muñoz Ramos-activist, momma, and amazing translator who gave this book and mine the royal treatment by offering translation that is a doorway to spanish speakers whether they're from DR or Mexico. If you need your book translated into spanish, you need to holler a this fierce mujer!
And then there's me. Robert Trujillo -author, illustrator, dad, I am honored to be a part of an "Bay Area Independent Children's Book" creating family that includes folks like Janine Macbeth, Innosanto Nagarra, and more. My first children's book "A Taco & Cheese Taco Birthday" will be out on Arte Publico Press this fall. I am Sausal Creek is now available and my first self published children's book "Furqan's First Flat Top" will be out later this year.



Nomadic Press- A Brooklyn and Oakland based publisher who have been supporting us through the design, layout, and printing of Sausal. They are an amazing publisher who are pursig new direction in children's book publishing here in the Bay. 
So, if you're in the town, come through! If you want to see some finished spreads from the book, go to my website!

No comments: