Dec 19, 2019

Social Media vs New Books


At the beginning of last year I decided to take a bit more time away from social media and I'm amazed to say I've been able to stick to it. I have one day on social media and one day off. So if I started on Monday, my Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday of that week would be days with no social media at all. And for the days when I was on, I tried to keep the hours of 10am-4pm off limits. Friday-Sunday were days when I would allow myself to check it as many times as I wanted.

But I found that doing this helped my mental health A LOT. And it made me focus more on in real life stuff like making more art and reading. I have read political books before and I tried to read a few history wise this year. But mostly I dug deep into YA or young adult novels. I always read a ton of kids books because I want to learn how to tell stories better. Here are some of my favorites that I read this year. If you're looking fr more book recommendations, holler at me or check out Bens IG page "Ben Be Reading" and Book Riot who makes read a likes. I love Octavia Butler, so their read a like related to her was dope. I'm still making my way through.





No comments: