Oct 13, 2020

AD for Orange Barrel/ Wexner Center

 

Just got this really fresh picture of an Ad illustration I did for OBM-Orange Barrel Media, which was curated by The Wexner Center for the Arts in Columbus Ohio. This ad is on N. High St. south of the Wex and Ohio State University on a pretty busy street. This was a quick turn around project and its always fun to do these quick pieces in the midst of much bigger things and such a tense political climate.


Here's some of the process for the art created for this ad. check it out.

Originally we were going to do two versions of it (landscape and portrait)

Portrait is the one that they went with as a final I believe.

This ad's artwork although quick, has some very personal elements in it and I feel like i'm speaking to myself as much as I am speaking to the young college students walking past it. I'm for a complete upheaval of this current system. And when they asked me to make it non partisan I agreed because most days I feel like fuck the 2 party system. But thinking strategically with my moves and those of organizers around me has never felt so urgent. I love talking to folks who say fuck voting because that was me, w/very valid reasons. And whatever you do, GET INVOLVED. Doesn't have to be voting, but it needs to help improve the conditions of your block, hood, state, country, world, etc in a specific way.

I tried to keep the color composition very limited. 


And the final!

Dig this? Did you catch the piece I did for Sunshine Movement? Or this one for I did for Elefint Designs (ACLU/John Legend)

No comments: