Feb 13, 2021

Video Feature: YBCA 100

 

So in 2019 I was nominated for the YBCA 100 (2019) and this is a video interview we did with them shortly after. I started going to the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in the mid 90s to see a graffiti show featuring TDK, Spie, Dream, Twist and others. And then I went back to see a Twist solo show there. Imagine my honor at being chosen as one of 100 amazing artists for this event. 



They started doing these YBCA 100 awards to honor people, groups, crews, and organizations doing really dope shit in the realm of arts of course, but it expands into organizing, political work, and more. As I wrote before, I was and still am extremely humbled to be one of the 100 from last year. I have a few friends who've been part of this group and this year its my sister Cece Carpio. Check out the video and this year's YBCA 100. If you get a chance, check out YBCA's mission and visit them if you're in the Bay and we're not on quarantine lockdown. 


No comments: