Mar 25, 2021

Stuff I've been listening to - 18 (House music)

 


Opio- Granite earth (2005)

Sup fam, this is the latest installment of "stuff i've been listening to" and this one is dedicated to house music. I never really was a fan of house as a kid, teen, or even a 20 something. It wasn't until my 30's that I began to really appreciate it and now I love it. But specifically "deep, afro, or down tempo" house.  So here are some of my favorite joints. They range from hip hop/house to the above mentioned and are from a bunch of different eras. 

Smiles Davis- Count on my love feat Alice Smith (2020)

Aya- Sean (the first house record I bought before I knew what it was!) (2004)


Zion I -Antenna (2009)

Kerri Chandler - Sunday sunlight (2014)

Les Sins -Grind aka Toro Y Moi (2013)

Miguel Migs feat Lisa Shaw - Waterfall (2016)

Tall Black Guy remix for Roy Ayers Project - Luv Dancin (2011)

Anderson .Paak - Twilight (2019)


Teymori - Escapism (2018)


Mr Fingers / Larry Heard - Can You Feel it (1986)

Yvette Rovira - I Remember Love DJ Spinna remix (2015)

Ok, thats it for now. I would add Kaytranada too but he has sooo many songs. I'd just recommend both of his albums. WaajeedOddisee, and Dion Decibels have also come out with some pretty dope tracks/edits recently. 


Shout out to DJ's Wonway, Shortkut, Mr Choc, Rashida, Spinna, Spiñorita, and Zaki for lacing me with so much great music!