Jun 21, 2021

Love & Basketball (2000)- Movies I Love 4

 

Gina Prince-Bythewood is a great director. I've seen the majority of her film work and this is one of my favorites of her films. It's rare that I've seen a love story like this about an athlete that puts a young Black woman front and center. Not only as the awkward love interest but as a force of strength and power on the court. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it. Sanaa Lathan and Omar Epps are incredible in this and it came out when I started college. Watch the trailer.


Did you miss the last Movie? O Homem Que Copiava.


If you loved this film and want to see more like it I suggest Beyond The Lights! And peep, this film will be re-released this year w/ a new documentary and commentary by the director herself as a Criterion collection Blue Ray.

What is this? This is a part of my blog where I share my favorites films. I enjoy them for their pacing, action, comedy, drama, lighting, acting, score, so many things. I grew up as a lover of cinema going with my parents, friends, and by myself. I'm no scholar but I bet I could find a movie we both love to talk about. Stay tuned for more.....

No comments: