Sep 12, 2022

Art of Rob - Is now in 3 bookstores!

 


Sup with it fam? I'm excited to share that "Art of Rob" is making its way into actual community based independent bookstores. Juiced!!!! I love sharing information about bookstores because they are little cultural hubs for reading, art, politics, sometimes food, dating :), learning, and reading of course.

1. The Multicultural Bookstore - Richmond California
 260 Broadway, Richmond California 94804
 This bookstore was founded in Richmond back in 2016 or 2017. It is Black owned and has one of the largest selection of kids books featuring children of color. Black, Indigenous, Asian, Latinx, Middle Eastern, and Queer kids books. They specialize in picture books, but also carry middle grade, chapter books, YA, novels, biographies, and art books   :)

2. Marcus Books- Oakland California
 3900 Martin Luther King Jr Way, Oakland, CA 94609
 This is the oldest Black owned bookstore in country y'all. Originally founded in San Francisco and Oakland, the Oakland location remains a staple for the Bay and the Black community. I shopped there as a teen for textbooks, as a young father, and now as a book creator myself. They have the widest selection of Black literature in the Bay period. Novels, non fiction, comics, picture books, photography books, biographies, cards, and art books!!

3. Pegasus Books - Berkeley and Oakland
 2 Locations in Berkeley, 1 in Oakland
 Pegasus has been in the bay since 1969. This is a very cool and progressive store that has cook books, kids books, comics, novels, zines, posters, art books of course, and they buy, sell, and trade books. There are three locations in the East Bay and my book is at all three so cop it there!

One of the most amazing things about bookstores (and libraries for that matter) is the possibility of discovery. You might not even know you would see your friend there or find a book that you know a friend would cherish. That being said, visit these stores if you're in the Bay. If there is a bookstore you cherish that would understand my little art book please let me know! My hope is that young people will discover something cool in this art book. Peace! Thx for reading. Stay tuned...

Note: If you have not received your book in the mail or you believe it got lost in the mail please message me here or email me at info@robdontstop.com If you'd like to purchase a copy directly from me you can using this LINK

Dig this? Check out this video of fathers day 2022 by Marcus books. And if you have a bookstore I should get the book into, please let me know.


I was doing this for Furqan's First Flat Top too, getting it into indy stores one at a time.


No comments: