Oct 17, 2013

In Culture Parent- and my blog feature about comics!




Awhile back i was looking for reviews or information about multicultural children's books online when I came across a post about several Asian American children books written by Meera Sriram and thought...Awesome!! I looked around the blog and found a lot of other cool information from a diverse array of people. And so I contacted Stephanie Meade and the rest is history. I've had so many people give me suggestions on which books to read , or which books to show my son to get him reading. These are some of my favorites that we've read together from a few independent creators and larger publishers. Please read my post about them and share them with other parents so we can get them babies reading, comprehending, and understanding!
The books I speak about in the article are 21-Clemente by Wilfred Santiago, Brotherman by Dawud Anyabwile and Guy Sims, Spirirted Away (Manga) by Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli, and Ciudad by Octavio Rodiguez.


No comments: