Jan 29, 2014

Rad Dad 2-Cover and physical copies!


Yo, just purchased my first copies of Rad Dad's new magazine with my artwork on the cover. I can't tell you what an honor this is to be featured prominently on the cover; but I can say that I'm blessed to be able to help dads connect. Shout out to Kyle Knobel who designed the cover/ magazine and Tomas Moniz, the editor and creator.

 As I've said many times, I believe we dads owe it to ourselves and our children to talk to each other. It's important to share tricks, tips, vent, ideas, support, check each other, and just really raise our kids right while building a community. We cant do this shit in isolation and we all have had experiences which can teach younger or new fathers just by sharing them. So, if you are a dad and you got something to say, holler at me bruh. Seriously! And if you want to get yourself a copy or get one for a father here's how you do that. Go to the site

http://raddadzine.blogspot.com/ 


(My idea for the cover was to paint a young father of color, with his kids cheesin (smiling) with them trying to photo bomb of course. Because thats what your kids do when they see you trying to take a picture, lol. )

Or, you can cop it from the following distrubutors:
Ubiquity Distributors Inc. www.ubiquitymags.com

Small Changes (Northwest US)
info@smallchanges.com

OneSource Magazine Dist.
jodip@onesourcedist.com

or AK Press
www.akpress.org

Also, I will be at some of the Bay Area events so come holler at me or just come to listen and bear witness. Celebrating the Rad (Radical) Dad's!

Thursday, Feb 6th
Adobe books
7-9pm 3130 24th St , SF
Readings, mingling, community building

Saturday Feb 8th
Berkeley Farmers Market
11-1pm
Rad Dad family meet and greet with Tomas Moniz, Ariel Gore (Hip Mama) and their families

Saturday Feb 8th
Arlene Francis Center
7:30-9pm
6th St. Santa Rosa

Check the website for more events in Vancouver, Seattle, and Portland.

No comments: