Jun 26, 2014

Furqan's First-We made it!!

We did it! THANK YOU all so much for being a part of this journey!

It has been amazing to see all the support from family, old friends, and many new friends. I'm excited to share with you this story and to give you sneak peaks as the production progresses over the next few months.
If you know anyone else who would be excited by this project, I've created a few regular and odd "stretch goals". Since we have already reached our initial goal, I've come up with some additional goals, with cool rewards for new and existing backers:
1. Some really cool, colorful, die-cut stickers printed on clear vinyl. The stickers will come in a pack of three or more and will feature concept or final artwork from the book. Get your laptops, skateboards, and sketchbooks ready! If we meet $11,000, this reward will go out to all backers of $25 or more.
2. Get a zine of my short stories! What?! Yes, I'll compile all the short stories I've written and illustrated over the past three years into one zine, including sketches, process shots, journal entries, photography and more. This 7" x 7" book will be 52 pages long, and printed in full color. If we meet the goal of $12,500, this reward and the stickers, will go out to all backers of $25 or more.
3. I'LL GET A FLAT TOP! I've had an afro for about five or six years now. But, I'll go to the barber shop and get a flat top. Really? Yes! I have not had a flat top since 8th grade. That was a long time ago, folks. I'll have the trip filmed so all can see. This reward is for all backers if we meet the goal of $14,000!


Again, thank you all so much for your support, kind words, and encouragement. Please continue to share this with friends and family. Tweet to Oprah, facebook Edward James Olmos! Let's meet the stretch goals! Here is the link: http://bit.ly/FurqansFirst
-Rob Trujillo

PS: Shout out to Bad Girl Confidence for interviewing me. Thanks to UTNE Reader for the upcoming feature. And shout out to Oakland Terminal and Edman Vargas for helping us cross the finish line! 

No comments: