Oct 4, 2019

Ohio School Visit + Sol Con- Photos


Recently I went out to Columbus Ohio to attend the SOL Con at Ohio State University and to read to some children at Weinland Park Elementary school out there. Here are some photos from my trip. The photo above is from an apartment area I saw. I really dug the architecture. All in all, it was a great experience. Professor Katlin Marisol Sweeney along with Prof Frederick Luis Aldama organized so much of SOL CON and it was great to meet them. All the exhibitors and folks I met were super cool. I took most of the photos but a few are from the SOL Con.

The day of the con 

One of the huge buildings 


I did a school visit and reading while I was there. This is the school library at Weinland Elementary before the children arrived. I had a lot of fun meeting the principal Dr. Robinson, all the school staff and Dionne Custer from the Wexner Center for the Arts which I also visited while there. It was really great to meet the students, read them my book, show them artwork, answer their questions, and to talk to them about art and stories. The school purchased copies of my book Furqan's First Flat Top for many of the classrooms there.



Walking around the city from my hotel to leaving. Its always fun to walk around a city. I wish I'd had the time to see more but my trip was super short.

After visiting the Wexner Center for the Arts I created some video tutorials for them the following year during the start of the pandemic.Watch those HERE.

Entrance
Prof Aldama & Jaime Hernandez


Dig this? Check out my visit to the Latino Comics Expo in Modesto California, my reading at Woodland Elementary in Oakland, or this visit to Cesar Chavez Elementary in Davis, CA.

No comments: