Oct 2, 2019

My Inktober favs 2013-2018

Yo! I started doing Inktober back in 2013 and i'm taking a break this year. But I wanted to do two things, share some of my favorites from the past and some artists who've been inspiring to me to watch during the month. Inktober really helped me stretch out with social justice, Latinx, and character design themes. And it has lead to me doing Black, Asian American, Women and Latinx history/heritage month drawings. And it is a reason to keep practicing. 

No matter how good or bad you think you are, you can improve. Often, I don't love 80% of the drawings and art that I do because I am self critical, but once I do put work out there I feel good about just making art. You can see all of the Inktober drawings I've ever posted here and some of my favorites are in this grid and listed below.

Ok top to bottom, left to right (click on each to learn more about them)
3. Ava DuVernay 2015
4. Black Hair 2015
5. Brown Berets 2018
6. Idalys Ortiz 2016
7. Walkman & Gi 2018

Here are some artists who've been inspiring to watch during the month of the years:

And of course Jake Parker the creator of this art challenge.
If you're interested in trying it out, here are the rules and a good realistic piece of advice.
Keep creating!

If you have questions for me about materials I used or subject matter let me know here or via email at info@robdontstop.com

No comments: