Apr 13, 2022

Throwback- Characters from The Last Dragon

 

Yo, if you're a fan of 80s films check out this trio of characters from the classic 80s cult film The Last Dragon.

Trailer link

The film was released in 1985 and featured Taimak, Vanity (rip), Julus Carry (rip), Mike Starr, and a young Ernie Reyes Jr!The director Michael Schultz also made Colley High, Car Wash, and Crush Groove! And the brother is still working today.  Sadly we lost both Vanity and Julius who played Sho Nuff, but even three decades after its release folks like me still love this film produced by Barry Gordy and written by Louis Venosta.

Back in 2016 I painted sho Nuff from the film:

And this year I decided to paint both Laura Charles (played by Vanity) 



and Bruce Leroy from the film.

Check out this time lapse video of me painting Bruce Leroy using ink and watercolor.


If you like my character work please check out some collages of characters I've made in the past:
2020-2022 collage LINK


 2020-2018 Character collage
2018-2017 Character collage

and here is a portfolio of my illustration work Robdontstop.com

No comments: