Oct 24, 2017

Inktober 15 - Harmony Santana

I saw Harmony for the first time like most in Gun Hill Road. I believe she did an incredible job in this film showing us the audience what it is like for a boy to transition into a girl. She showed us what it is like to have allies who support trans kids, and what it is like to live without it. For this image I imagined harmony in a post apocalyptic film/story. I imagine her playing a young woman as simply one of the survivors, who kicked a lot of ass to continue living. And although it would be great to have the film acknowledge trans poc, it does not have to be about that. Harmony was born in the late 90s and came to NYC as a homeless youth. She landed a role in Gun Hill and has since worked on projects such as Eating Out and You're dead to me. In addition to being a great actress, she is also an advocate for trans people of color in film, for the queer community, and for homeless youth. I look forward to seeing more from her in front of and behind the camera.

Sources: Gun Hill Road, Wikipedia, Indiewire

Want this original drawing? $60 or Print? $20 (includes shipping)  
Got an idea for an org to donate 30% cost to? Email me info@robdontstop.com



No comments: