Oct 25, 2017

Inktober 16 - Hugo Gonzalez

I couldn't find much on Hugo, but from the sources I did find they tell me that Hugo is one of those riders who was unafraid. And by that I mean attempting a jump or a trick that might come out awesome, or might break your collar bone if you land wrong. As a kid I loved bmx and freestlyle riding so much. But I didn't see any kids like me in media about the sport, so now I'm looking for them. Hugo is a rider from San Jose and was one of the members of the Norcal bmx riders (probably saying this wrong). Hugo (started at 15) was an influential rider from the Bay Area who turned Pro for Skyway and won many competitions worldwide. He was known for his jumps on ramps, his flatland tricks, and he still attends bmx reunions such as Steve Swope's Old School reunion. If any riders have more info on Hugo, feel free to comment. Much respect to Hugo! Here is a cool video of him.

Sources: KNTV-San Jose, freestylebmxtales43 blog, Ride bmx 

Want more bike art? Check out the L&M Tourers 2022
BMX Rider-Mariana Pajon

No comments: