Oct 8, 2017

Inktober 6 - Breakbeat Lou

Lou Flores and Lenny Roberts are the creators and pioneers of "Ultimate Breakbeats" or UBB. When I was a kid the art on the covers attracted me and through them I got clues to what my mom used to say whenever I played a record she recognized. If it wasn't for this man, so many dj's wouldn't know the fundamental and odd breaks that hip hop was founded upon. In fact many of the greatest hip hop records sampled Lou's edits of old funk, rock, or soul songs to create their songs. Much love to you Lou! Lou is not only a collector, digger, but he also djs and made a resurgence in the public eye in the past 5-6 years. Follow @breakbeatlou . Your mom would be proud of you bro. Thx for your immense contribution to the culture. I still got mine! 

Sources: Youtube, Ultimate Breaks & Beats

Want this original drawing? $60 or Print? $20 (includes shipping)  

Got an idea for an org to donate 30% cost to? Email me info@robdontstop.com

No comments: