Oct 12, 2016

Inktober 7 Rosa Clemente

I appreciate Rosa. I appreciate her commentary because whether its a political, hip hop, or cultural issue and she's speaking...I want to hear what she has to say. She's sharp, on point, and is proud of who she is.  I know being proud to be Black and Latinx confusing some people still, but the fact that she claims both in her identity signifies a tiny part of a much larger changing tide. If you're not familiar with this scholar/activist look her up. She ran for vice president with Cynthia McKinney in 2008 as a Green Party representative. She has written many articles as a journalist and I love that she loves hip hop and will challenge it. Respect for working on police brutality with the Malcolm X Grass Roots Movement as well. 

Peep this: Roberto Clemente 

No comments: