Feb 7, 2018

Black is Beautiful (2018) 6 - J Dilla

The first record I purchased that had Jaydee's name on it was a remix of "Woo ha" by Busta Rhymes. I thought that beat was amazing. The 2nd time was a beat he did for Phat Kat's "don't nobody care about us" that Harley (drummer for Wild Hunt) had. I played it over and over again. Then tribe LP. Then the Slum Village stuff, then it felt solidified that this guy was one of my favorite producers. I'm not gonna do the whole bio today, go look it up. But for you young musicians, this guy truly studied, made art w/ the likes of D'Angelo, Q Tip, Blackstar, Pharcyde, De La Soul, Janet Jackson, The Roots, Common, Erykah Badu, Madlib, Elzhi, Amo Fiddler, too many to name and his sound lives on through so many musicians today. Dilla! 1974-2006! I remember the day he passed. RIP.

You can purchase a print for $20 (includes shipping) , email at info@robdontstop.com  -a portion will go to Ma Dukes

Sources: Music, lots of music

No comments: