Feb 5, 2016

MC Sha Rock-Black is Beautiful 4


"Sha-Rock is the woman with the magical touch. I'm like burning fire! You know I'm much too much!" was the line I remember from seeing Sha Rock on the mic in Beat Street as a kid. Later on I would hear "They're four fly guys, i'm the best female. I'm telling the truth not a fairytale" while she rhymed with the hip hop legends "Funky Four + 1". Sha Rock, is the earliest women on the mic during the birth and pioneering years of early hip hop mcing. She's still alive and rocking, but I wanted to give her some props for Black History Month! Much love Sha, I play your records for my son so he knows the sisters were there from the start.
-Rob

Edit: Sha Rock is the first woman to be known as an MC rocking parties, doing shows, battles, routines, and appearing on live TV. Before she was in the Funk Four + 1 she was a founding member of the group "The Funky 4"! And she used to bgirl!  Source: Sha Rock interview w/ DJ Premier

Did you catch the painting of Phase 2? or Phife?

No comments: