Aug 19, 2022

Inspiring Artist - Claire Wendling (born 1967)

 


Claire Wendling is an incredible illustrator from France who was born in 1967. I believe I heard about her very recently through Schoolism or the "Trojan Horse" YouTube interview with Karla Ortiz. She's an OG who has worked in illustration, comics, and animation. I love her figures. How much she studies the human body, animals, and creates creatures, relationships between beings, and the care she puts into her drawings which are amazing.







Yo, if you're new: This is where I share artists that have been inspiring to me in my work sometimes directly and other times indirectly. Do yourself a favor and check out her Instagram. I couldn't find a website for her but you can watch this interview with her.











If you missed the last inspiring artist I posted, check out Ami Thompson or Zeke Peña's work! And if you're still looking for more inspiration peep inspiration board 41 I made because everybody gets stuck. If you dig Claire's work you can get her sketchbooks at Stuart Ng Books online.

No comments: