Mar 24, 2012

Jeff Andrade Duncan drops science.....Again!

I got to hear Jeff Andrade speak in person once while teaching at a high school in East Oakland two years ago. There have been times when I forgot his exact name but I never forgot how "challenging" and "intelligent" his ideas were in terms of teaching children of color. After a rough day of failing, making some small strides, and failing again in teaching "something"I think every single teacher has had the feeling that they are "getting no where" or "this isn't working". And on the flip side , they must also feel "I got their attention", or even better "they got my attention". Some kind of dialogue/exchange over forcing them to "hear" you. Deep.

2 comments:

Mensen! said...

This is so important. Thank you so much for sharing.

Robert Trujillo/Tres said...

Riight on Tee!