Apr 28, 2022
Apr 26, 2022
Apr 25, 2022
What Actions can u take to support?
1. Spread the word. Word of mouth is how we get it to folks, so please spread the good word.
2. Please follow miss Jill on Instagram now @thelovecurriculum
3. Get a book by requesting it from your local independent bookstore. If u know Jill and are in the Bay Area u can get a copy from her.
Stay tuned for the store link for Jill's site but in the meantime you can see some of her work and other books here "The Love Curriculum"
Thx for your support as we slowly introduce this beauty to the babies, classrooms, libraries, Yoga studios, and offices round the world. It contains reflections, affirmations, and words about yoga poses and mindfulness in English and Spanish. It is for families, kids, teachers, and therapists!
Check out this podcast interview w/Jill for "Teacher's Aligned"
And peep this artwork I made for Jill awhile back. Thats how long we've been working on this.
Apr 20, 2022
I believe I came acRoss Ami's work through Pinterest. I keep a board of inspiring characters and saw her work recommended to me. WOW. So much raw energy, emotion, design, color, and mood. I love her work-all the excitement and danger, the strong female characters, and the carnage I believe some of these characters could cause if we were living in Ami's world.
Apr 17, 2022
Apr 15, 2022
Did you miss the previous film study? Here it is: Love Jones (1997)
If you love this film, check out this time Jordan Peele visited horror writer and professor Tananarive Due's UCLA class.
Apr 14, 2022
Apr 13, 2022
If you like my character work please check out some collages of characters I've made in the past:
Apr 12, 2022
Apr 9, 2022
So, you've always wanted to get into kids books but you're not sure where to start?
1. Read this free post I made about the start of my journey.
2. Purchase this downloadable pdf which details some of the key things I talk to newbies about when they ask me for advice.
If you'd like to get to know me a bit better you can check out some of the press and interviews I've done here. Peace!
Apr 8, 2022
- “Afros” by Michael July
- “Journey for Justice” by Dr Dawn Mabalon, Gayle Romansanta, and Andre Sibayan
- “We Are the Ship” by Kadir Nelson
- “Mexican Muralists” by Desmond Rochfort
- “The Art of Moana” by Disney
- "Dailies" by Bobby Pontillas
- “Girls Garage” by Emily Pilloton
- “Harlem of the West” by Elizabeth Pepin Silva & Lewis Watts
- “Stranger Danger” by Clio Chiang
- “Printing the Revolution” by Claudia Zapata, Tatiana Reinoza, and Terecita Romo
- “The Art of Hung Liu-Summoning Ghosts” by Hung Liu
- “Picturing The Promise (Scurlocks)” Edited by Paul Gardullo
- “The New Bohemians” by Justina Blakeney
- “Waxpoetics Magazine” 2008/ 2021
- “Umber Magazine”
Apr 7, 2022
Check out these other characters: