Dec 7, 2017

Feature with Rachel Meyer (Yogi)


Rachel Meyer is a Yoga teacher and practitioner from South Dakota, Oakland, and now Boston. I took her yoga class several times with my wife Joy in Oakland at a spot called Flying Yoga. One of many classes she taught around the Bay. I went because I wanted to just spend time with my wife (before we were married) and because she said that the instructor (Rachel) was her favorite. Once I took the class I could see why, she gave a good flow and breadth to the class. She gave guidance and instruction, but was not over bearing or annoying. She spoke not only of correct posture and the names of the poses, but of how the practice of moving through them could be applied to other aspects of our lives. Rachel has a great energy about her and from the way she lead those classes you'd think she's been doing it for over a century. 

Check out her website.
To read my interview go HERE


No comments: