Mar 17, 2019

Latino Comics Expo 2019 Photos!

Hey folks, so what follows are some photos I and others took at the 2019 Latino Comics Expo in Modesto California. This is my exhibitor pass. You can find a lot more by following them on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. 



As you walked in you were greeted by several students from Modesto Junior College who showed vendors to their tables and helped out throughout the two day event. Here you can see their table, the LCE table, and some large panels of comic artwork up.
My set up!


All kinds of folks started to set up, traveling from Texas, Chile, Mexico, Los Angeles, Central California and many more places.


Here are some photos of some of the vendors! Including Cathy Camper's Lowriders in Space and Los Bros Hernandez (Love & Rockets).

On the second day I drove downtown to meet a librarian at the Modesto library. Here is the famous Modesto arc sign.


The lowriders showed up and hung out for the 2nd day too. These moving pieces of art are always breathtaking to see. I shot some details. And then..
I got to meet and pose with Cathy Camper who wrote Lowriders in Space, illustrated by Raul The Third. You can hear an interview I did with Raul here.

I also got to catch up with these guys. The gentlemen of 656 Comics who I met almost ten years ago when they brought me to Ciudad Juarez to hang out and meet their community. Read that post here.

Photo credit: Sandra Rios Balderama
Here's the view from my table and a new friend Sandra Balderama, a retired librarian.

And that was it. I met and talked to lots of great people, students, teachers, and artists, including my table mate Nicky Rodriguez who i forgot to take a foto with. I saw Breena Nunez, Isabel Qunitero, The guy who started Homies toy line, and so many more. 

Photo credit: Fredrick Luis Aldama
Here is a photo with all of the exhibitors. A very diverse group of folks indeed. BIG thanks to Ricardo Padilla of the Latino Comics Expo, professor Theresa Rojas of Modesto Jr College, and all the wonderful people that came to support, say hello, or just walk by. See you at the next one!!

Lastly, support Paul and Carlos Meyer who are running a kickstarter! They were tabling at the expo!

Dig this? Check out some photos from a book reading I did at Mills Elementary in Oakland 

No comments: