Mar 22, 2022

Goapele Interview + fav songs

 

Nice interview w/ Goapele of Oakland talking about different points in her career. Brought back some memories and reminded me to peep her newer music.I'll admit I am often impressed by Talib's knowledge of Bay Area music. In this interview she talks about a bunch of stuff and could've listened to even more about her process, family, and future plans.

2001-Even Closer
Red White & Blues is a dope anti-war song she did right after the 9-11 attack in NYC. I remember watching her perform this at Frank Ogawa Plaza. I also love Childhood drama (Herbie hancock remix), Romantic, Too much the same, Things don't exist, and of course the classic from the same album. 

CLOSER! produced by Amp Live of Zion-I.

And some more i love that you might like....

2005- Change it All (also feat her activist roots) , Different w/ Clyde Carson (The Team), and First Love
2008-Don't be Shy is my jam, Milk & Honey
2011- Play, Money
2017- Dreamseeker EP  Cool Breeze

If you dig her and want to hear more soul please check out : Stuff I've been Listening to 17 w/ SOUL

No comments: