Apr 2, 2013

Jazz Portraits 29-Meshell Ndegeocello (revisited)


This is a print, so if you'd like a copy of this original 11"x17" piece, go here to the store.

I decided to revisit Meshell for fun and because I felt i could improve on the last illustration of her. I know the songs i list in my piece are not all Jazz Songs, but that is the beauty of music. What is Jazz really? What is any musical genre? Sure there are rules, but often people don't even know what they want to see or hear until they experience it, then it changes the rules with out asking permission.

About this piece. I decided to mix up various photos of her and I know it does not look exactly like her, but that wasn't the point. The point was to have fun and just interpret through my lens. Also, I wanted to share her music with any of you music lovers who are not yet familiar with her sound.

I've been a fan of her music for quite some time, if you get a chance, support her by getting one of her many and diverse records. One love!

No comments: