Aug 17, 2019

Graphic Novels ARE Books Print

Yo! Just finished this piece. You can cop a print HERE.

I have heard many times adults and others put down Graphic novels as if they are not a valid form of literature and I refute that claim. I believe graphic novels to be not just a gateway into reading for some people but I huge force to be reckoned with. This print came about because I wanted to remind adults, teachers, librarians, parents, and kids themselves to read more Graphic Novels! I want to advocate for these stories as books. I want them used in elementary, jr and high schools, college, and more to read for fun and to learn. Don't let anyone tell you that graphic novels are not real books. They are and they are a powerful way to tell a story.
Dig this? Check out some other lettering projects!
Hyphen Magazine-Yuri Kochiyama


No comments: