Aug 17, 2019

Muphoric Sounds Throwback


For those of you unaware, I love music. A lot. I started buying my own tapes at 9 or 10, then at age 14 I moved on to vinyl. These days I don't buy that music but I still listen to new cats. For more than 8 years I wrote short pieces for a music blog started by Vanessa Warren called Muphoric Sounds. I started two columns; "In the trunk" about old records of every genre and "Press Rewind" about instrumental beats. If you started checking out my work recently and dig music, go check out some of the pieces I wrote.

Here are four:

Los Orientales De Paramonga- Botecito Cumbia
Funkdoobiest/ Buckwild- Rock On remix Hip hop
Marcos Valle-Nao tem nada nao Funk
Curtis Mayfield-Kung Fu Funk

Occasionally I wrote about stuff I liked that was new at the time too, like this.

No comments: