Dec 11, 2022

Bobbito Garcia - Aim high little giant, aim high!

 

Man, shout out to Bobbito Garcia. The OG has a new picture book out called "Aim High Little Giant, Aim High!" published by We Are Little Giants. In this book he touches on self confidence, basketball history, gender, mathematics, and more. Check it out HERE.


I first came across Bob through his pioneering radio show with DJ Stretch Armstrong. I would hear little bits about them and their show but never actually hearing it since it aired in NYC. But, I know they inspired folks like Kevvy Kev at KZSU Stanford and Sway and Tech on the Wake Up Show who I definitely listened to. I would see Bob in Vibe magazine, music videos, on records (Fondle Em) and more. And when i started seeing his documentaries it all came together. Support this dude!

Dig this? Check out this feature of "Alejandria Fights Back" on Social Justice Books

No comments: