Dec 15, 2022

VIDEO: My Favorite Art Books 3

 


Hey everyone its been awhile since I did one of these and I'm excited to share it.  The aim of these is to inspire you, inspire artists, young readers, and more. Art books to me are books using visual art, photography, design, collage, and words to highlight a topic, art form, person, place, genre, discipline, or medium. 

They are a great way to unplug when you've been staring at screens too long. They're great for traveling, road trips, flights, etc. They're great for getting inspired and they're a great way to get young people reading; as long as its about a topic they LOVE. Please watch and share.

I discuss 13 books in the video including my own art book:
"The Art of Tekkenkinkreet / Black & White" - Shinji Kimura
"Supreme Glamour"- Mary Wilson
"The Art of Juanjo Guarnido" - Juanjo Guarnido
"Shelter in Place" - Avy Jetter
"Dinotopia" - James Gurney
"Painting The Streets-Oakland Uprising in the Time of Rebellion"- Nomadic Press
"Creations Vol. 1" - Derek Laufman
"Iguana Bay" - Claire Wendling
"Black Champions in Cycling" - Marlon Lee Moncrieffe
"Maestrapiece- San Francisco's Monumental Feminist Mural" -Heyday Books
"Art of Rob" - Robert Liu-Trujillo
"Prince of Cats" - Ronald Wimberly 


Dig this? Check out "My Favorite Art Books 2" the second video in this series. And if your local bookstore or library doesn't have any of the art books you're looking for, politely request them :)

If you'd like to purchase some of them I suggest ordering them from your local bookstoreBookshop.org, or StuartNg Books in LA.

No comments: