Mar 5, 2023

College lecture - Modesto Jr College

 


Sup with it fam! On March 29th of this year I will be doing a presentation for college students and faculty at Modesto Jr College! I'm going to be talking about my career, art, kids books, publishing, and literacy! I've visited Modesto and the jr college three times in the past. First for the Latino Comics Expo founded by Ricardo Padilla and Javier Hernandez-the first ever comics con dedicated to Latino Comics writers and illustrators. Second, I visited the main branch of the Modesto Public Library to read to families, children, and caregivers for their story time. Third, I visited for the "Latinx Comics and Arts Fest" founded by Dr. Theresa Rojas , a professor from MJC. 

All of these were really great events or experiences filled with families, community, incredible creators, art, and lots of books and comics. If you're a student at the college or know someone who is please invite them to attend. 


If you're looking for something to do with the entire family, check out the Latinx Comics and Arts Fest happening on March 17-18th.


Dig this? Check out this interview I did with my bro Farbeon on Feel Good Radio. Also, this is a recent school visit for Prospect Sierra in Berkeley California.


No comments: