Mar 8, 2023

Inspiring Artist - Bea Gifted

 


Just found the website of this incredible artist named Bea Jackson (Bea Gifted). Wow! Stunning digital and traditional illustration. I don't know much about her but I really love how she draws and paints, especially how beautifully she illustrates Black children. Ugggh, so good!




If you're not familiar with her please go check out her website and follow her on Instagram! I'm sure you have seen her art in picture books but if you havent here's one! "Parker Looks Up" :)


Here is an interview with her where she talks about her long career in the arts working in comics, editorial work, children's books, and more. 


What's this? This is where I share inspiring artists that have been inspiring to me in my work sometimes directly and other times indirectly. I just discovered Bea's work but some of the folks I share I've seen over the span of many years. Here are some others to check out:

Cymone Wilder- Typographic artist and designer

Elizabeth Catlett - Sculptor and fine artist

Olivia Fields- Illustrator, cartoonist

Helen Mingjue Chen- Illustrator, concept artist







Wow, as I mentioned above please follow and support her work!!! Again here is her site.

No comments: