Jun 19, 2023

What's in my bag? Amoeba Series

 

Ok, so I grew up going to record stores. Rasputins, Leopolds, Tower, Virgin, The Warehouse, and Amoeba is and was my favorite. In high school I used to walk from Berkeley high at lunch and use my lunch money to buy 99c or $5 hip hop records. I loved and still love getting new records, spending time with them, and just listening. 


I love this episode with Santigold! This "What's In My Bag?" series is old, but I love how they keep reinventing it by interviewing new and older artists. Case in point, have you listened to any of these episodes like:

Kaytranada

Yuna 

Big Boi 

The Internet

Little Dragon

Karriem Riggins/ DJ Jrocc (Beatjunkies)

Kamasi Washington

Ibeyi

Thundercat

Dig this? Peep the last post I did about Jazz-Stuff I've been listening to

No comments: