Jan 2, 2021

Stuff I've been listening to - 17 (Soul)

 

Welcome to the new normal. Every so often I will post a bunch of songs that I've had on heavy rotation. Why? I LOVE MUSIC. If I didn't paint, that's probably what I'd do. Here are some Rhythm & Blues/ Soul songs that have been keeping me warm. The first one is from Minneapolis' Carlitta Durand who I heard of via Phonte. 

Thee Sacred Souls (San Diego) are giving me mountains of soul! Peep this song. 


This entire LP from  Lianne La Havas
(UK) is fire, but this is my favorite song from it.

Talk about sexy. This song is dripping with it. Love love love Sebastian Mikael, his sound, and his style.

Alex Mali (Brooklyn) gives me chills with the funk, pocket, and the slurred feeling of this song. So much style.

Dope mix of styles here with Seba Kaapstad (Germany/S. Africa).

This LA native Sunni Colón gives a nice intro to his LP Psicodelic here.

Greentea Peng (UK) I found through Colors and man has she dropped some heat in the last 2 years.

Saving the best for last, this jam from Alex Isley and Jack Dine (Both LA) is just the cherry on top to a series of songs and projects they've been doing together and this song is just flawless. Add the young Masego (Virginia) just kills it as a feature. 

That's it. Whenever I hear people say (insert musical genre) ain't what it used to be I just think how much they're missing. Mainstream outlets aren't enough. Whether its Spotify, Soundcloud, Youtube, actual record stores, or my favorite (DJ mixes) just go digging for new music :)

Listen to the last "Stuff I've been listening to" HERE

No comments: