Feb 14, 2022

Stuff I've been listening to - 20 (Remixes)

Otis Redding- Sitting on the dock of the bay DJ Spinna remix 2021

Listening to this remix of Otis Redding the other day reminded me how a good remix can really light up a depressing day. With isolation from family, friends, and restrictions I look for inspiring things to share. And I started this series of blog posts, to share good music new and old. The majority of this will be hip hop, soul, and reggae but I know many genre's have their dope remixes.

     

Brandy - I wanna be down IAMNOBODI remix 2013

The Roots - Silent treatment Da Beatminerz Remix 1995

Maylee Todd - Hieroglyphics Tall Black Guy Remix 2012

Mega Banton - Sound Bwoy Killin Salaam Remi Remix 2000

Teedra Moses - Be your girl Kaytranada Remix 2013

The Pharcyde - She said Jay Dee/Dilla remix 1995


Little Dragon - Seconds Syd The Kyd Remix 2010

A remix is a restructuring of an existing song. It could have the same beat and different verses, the same lyrics and a different beat, or a slight change that makes the song slower or faster. Either way it is an improvement of an existing song. These are some of my favorite remixes. It's not comprehensive, it's a list of what I like. Feel free to comment with your fav remix!

Dead Prez - Hip Hop w/ Sault Pele Durian Funk remix 2020

Capelton -Tour Dynamik Duo Remix 1994

De La Soul - Stakes is High w/ Fela Amerigo Gazaway Remix 2011

E40 -Tell me when to go Trackademicks Remix 2006
And there are so many more. For instance, the Luniz "I got 5 on it" remix, A Tribe Called Quest "Bonita Applebum" remix, NWA's "Dopeman" remix, SWV "Right here", or the Black Hippy Remix of "That Part" by Schoolboy Q. Ahhhh there are so many lesser known artists w/ dope remixes too. What's your favorite remix?

Want to hear more music? Check out my posts from the past!
Stuff I've been listening to 19 - UK Artists
Stuff I've been listening to 18 - House Music
Stuff I've been listening to 17- Soul
Stuff I've been listening to 15 - Jazz

No comments: