Apr 25, 2023

Illustration for "In Dance" Magazine

 


This is a fun project. Nkeiruka Oruche is the guest editor for this issue of "In Dance Magazine" and she invited me to write and illustrate a short personal experience relating to dance. When she asked me to participate my first thought was that I'm not a dancer but she wanted a mix of folks. Those whose creative practice it is to dance and those who've danced at some point in life, which I think is most of us.  Anyway, check out my illustration from the piece.


Read the whole magazine HERE


Here's my sketch, painting of dancers, and added background and text.



I had fun doing this and I'm thankful to writer, dancer, editor, multi-disciplinary artist Nkei for inviting me:). The magazine features a variety of folks from the Bay and nationally, regular folks and dancers of course with some interesting stories about family, tradition, culture, institutions, and lots of opportunities to move your body. Check it out!!!!!

Dig this? Check out 
-Illustrations for ACLU X Central Valley Report
-My PDF tips to become a freelance illustrator

No comments: