Nov 8, 2009

In the Lab

Been in the lab! Working on quite a few things here and there related to music, print, and a coming art show. A bout a month ago I started this piece for my son because I promised I would send him something from NY. The first is the inked sketch from my book, the second is a color test I did in photoshop. I liked how it came out so I re-drew it in watercolor and submitted to a competition. We'll see how that goes.But for now, he likes it and is drawing me a "comic con storm troopers". I'm the luckiest dad in the world y este es mi hijo....The boat in this drawing is researched, I'll divulge more later. -Rob

5 comments:

Marie said...

Hi Rob! Thank you for the praise. Btw, your work are amazing!

There are indeed some locally and some self-published Zines in the Manila Book Fair. Try this ning group of zine publishers here in the Philippines. Good luck!

Marie said...

Oh, I forgot the link. Lol!
http://wemakezines.ning.com/profile/FilipinoZinergy

Robert trujillo/tres said...

Hey Marie, thx so much for responding and for the kind words. Youre blog is beautiful-tons of literary knowledge to behold. I will check out the link, and send u a video...
-Rob

Xavier Salomó said...

Hi, Rob
Delicious illustration. Thanks for visit my blog. It's nice to meet you and your job.
Good job!

Robert Trujillo/Tres said...

Claro Xavier, mucho gusto aqui en el internet, tus illustraciones son super chevere!
-Rob