Jan 4, 2023

Inspiring Artist- Victoria Ying

 



Victoria Ying is an incredible artist and author from the LA area who I came across when she was working at Disney many years ago. I remember seeing a project she lead called "Extra Curricular Activities". Then I saw her in the "Lovely" book with women working in animation. I have been a big fan ever since and I loved her books "City of Secrets" and "Meow". Check out some of her beautiful paintings and drawings.




Yo, if you're new: This is where I share artists that have been inspiring to me in my work sometimes directly and other times indirectly. Do yourself a favor and check out Victoria's site here. There you can catch some of the amazing books she's created such as "City of Secrets" and hear some interviews such as this one where she talks about her process for creating her graphic novel.







If you missed the last inspiring artist I posted, check out Ami Thompson or Elizabeth Catlett's work! And if you're still looking for more inspiration peep inspiration board 41 I made because everybody gets stuck. 
PS: Victoria teaches!! You can take a class she teaches on visual development here :)

No comments: