Oct 13, 2022

Inspiring Artist - Lorena Alvarez

 


I came across Lorena Alvarez work with her graphic novel "Nightlights" in 2016. Ever since then I have been eagerly awaiting any new work from the Colombiana. Originally from Bogotá she studied there and here in the states. 





One of the things I love most about her work besides its incredible sense of imagination, is her use of color. It is delicious to look at. Listen to this interview with her on the Children's Book Podcast.










OK, thats some of her illustration work which is both digital and traditional. You can follow her on IG here. Her portfolio is here, and you can cop her comics Hicotea and Nightlights at most book stores. She's worked on some other books too, but I don't know them as well.

If you liked this check out some of the other ladies I've shared:

Looking for more inspiration, here's my last Inspiration Board from August of 2022

No comments: