May 13, 2021

Inspiration board 38

 



Peace fam, 

hope you're all hanging in there ok. If you're in a rut, or can't find creative inspiration, I hope this will help. What's this? This inspiration board is one of the ways I stay inspired and sane through all of life's trials, and tribulations, work, etc. I've been making inspiration boards full of films, books, music, events, people, artists, movements, and more for over a decade. 

All people, items in the board top to bottom, left to right:

1. Action film: Old Guard w/ Charlize Theron and Kiki Layne 2. Music: The Workout 2 by Stic Man (Dead Prez) 3. Art: Illustration by Olivia Fields (Tncts) 4. Music: Soul artist Sebastian Mikael 5. Music: MC Gavlyn 6. Books: Umber magazine POC focused 7. Art: Marcel Moshki character designs 8. Music: Untitled (Rise) album by Sault 9. Music: MC Nayana IZ 10. Art: Plein Air ptg by Angela Sung 11. Books: The Will to Change by Bell Hooks 12. Film: Inner Workings by Leo Matsuda 13. Books: Waxpoetics Magazine Music focused 14. Activism: APTP-Anti Police Terror Project (support for people in crisis vs police) 15. Radio: Right Nowish podcast by Pendarvis Harshaw 16. Art: Illustration by Radhia Rahman


Please check out and support the folks mentioned in them. Hopefully some of them will inspire you too. Scroll down below to see the previous board. Feel free to share.

Inspiration board 37 (Jan 2021)

Inspiration board 36 (Aug 2020)


What's this? This inspiration board is one of the ways I stay inspired and sane through all of life's trials, and tribulations, work, etc. I've been making inspiration boards full of films, books, music, events, people, artists, movements, and more for over a decade. Do you have an inspiration board? Please share in the comments. Who am I? My name is Rob and I'm an artist working in kid lit, public art, and other disciplines. Go to my website, or follow me on IG or YouTube.


You can purchase my book "Art of Rob" here

No comments: